Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solonika
Level 7

Initial roku express setup: blank screen

Followed setup instructions, setup seemed normal until screen went blank after channels loaded. Followed unplugging suggestions; powered off for 10 minutes. Same blank screen with each HDMI port. Roku is on and there is audio response when remote is used. USB is plugged into wall, using all new in box parts. 

Searched forums, there are dozens of posts with similar issues. Many replies of "me too" but not possible solutions posted that I haven't already tried. 

I don't have another TV to try device with.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Initial roku express setup: blank screen

I've seen all of those posts and I don't believe I've ever seen a solution.  Since you're getting audio feedback I have one idea that's probably a long shot.  Try changing the Display Type in the blind.  Press Home a couple of times then Up (gets to Settings), Right (to get to choices), Down 4 times (Display type), OK, then Right, Down, OK.  If nothing else it should change the resolution to something other than what it's currently set to.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Initial roku express setup: blank screen

@Solonika 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos