Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Initial boot up taking forever

I’ve been trying to start my MIL’s new Roku express. After a staring at the load screen for 30 minutes and entering all the information for wifi and an account the Roku freezes when I click on “add channel”. After the Roku rebooted it lost all the information. As I was entering the wifi it froze again. After I got past another load screen it froze while looking for a network. How am I supposed to get this to work?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Initial boot up taking forever

Are you using the power adapter that came with it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, I’m using all the cords it came with. 

I also took it to my home to use my wifi. I have two Rokus so the signal should be fine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I also used my other Roku cords to see if that might help. No matter what I’m stuck at the Spinning Roku logo page. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Donthaveallday 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on the device to see if that resolves the issue?

For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos