Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diego5
Level 7

In WELL over my head, with ZERO live guidance - need a LOT of it, ASAP.....

I'm getting bled to death now for physical TV by my media provider [Spectrum]; have a list of desired channels (no more than 50, including primary networks, expanded basic channels) / 12-year-old units, PC(PU) & set both with HDMI capability, I want on-demand access at will, with no wireless requirements and to see how much they, what I need otherwise to use the system, would all cost.....really, REALLY should be some sort of interactive app to determine as much immediately [fields to list desired channels, player specs, etc.] if there AREN'T live agents UNconditionally available through a contact phone number to assist.....can anyone help me to determine whether Roku would be a good way for me to go? Thanks - MUCH appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: In WELL over my head, with ZERO live guidance - need a LOT of it, ASAP.....

@Diego5 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Based on your post, it doesn't look like a Roku device will do what you want it to, as it is likely that most of the channels you are looking to watch will be authenticated channels and will require a TV or cable subscription to access the content that you want to watch through the Roku device. 

For more information about authenticated channels, visit our Support page here: Will I have to pay for channels?

Also feel free to browse the channels that will be available on the Roku devices on our Roku Channel Store online here: https://channelstore.roku.com/browse

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Diego5
Level 7

Hi, Danny - very much appreciate your reply; based upon my review, all the channels but Golf (and National Geographic / NatGeo, now a Disney / Capital Cities property) appear to be available through Roku - what I need to know as cited: is everything on-demand-accessible at any time, and what kind of monthly cost would there be for the channels, supporting Roku device/s in question?

They are as follows: History, Travel, Discovery, Paramount, Fox News, FX, FXM, VH1, NBC Sports, NESN (New England Sports Network) Hallmark, PBS, CBS, CW, ABC, FOX, NBC, USA, TNT, TBS, Ion, CSpan (actually, just 22 total......)

As I understand it, the service CAN be broadcast through my physical TV from a PC.....
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Diego5 

Thanks for the follow up.

For pricing and/or bundles of those channels, you will need to contact the channel providers directly. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos