Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SolBeach
Reel Rookie

Im having problems using Roku Express in the EU

Jump to solution

I purchased the Roku Express in the UK to use abroad and I'm now in Spain and have 2 questions.

(1) I can't access the UK TV Players like BBC iplayer, ITV Hub, My5 etc: is there a solution? 

(2) When I open the Roku Channel and click on "play" the programme doesn't open.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Im having problems using Roku Express in the EU

Jump to solution

As far as I know there is no solution (at least none that could be discussed here).  I'm sure the UK services are geo-locked and "The Roku Channel is only available on your Roku streaming player or Roku TV in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States, plus via your web browser."

https://support.roku.com/article/115012374788

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

As far as I know there is no solution (at least none that could be discussed here).  I'm sure the UK services are geo-locked and "The Roku Channel is only available on your Roku streaming player or Roku TV in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States, plus via your web browser."

https://support.roku.com/article/115012374788

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SolBeach
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Many thanks for your reply. I'm aware of the geographical issue but what I wasn't sure of is whether I was doing something wrong.

0 Kudos