Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I was given a used Roku by my sister... How do change the user email address to my account?

Any help would be appreciated.

Workingl8

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: I was given a used Roku by my sister... How do change the user email address to my account?

You'll have to do a factory reset of the roku, then set up a new account with new email address. Either through the menu or via button or pinhole on the roku itself. What is the model of the roku?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I was given a used Roku by my sister... How do change the user email address to my account?

@Workingl8 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @Tivoburkee mentioned, you will need to perform a factory reset on the device. For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Once you have factory reset the device, you will need to activate the device and set up the device with your Roku account. Do you already have a Roku account? If you do not, visit our Support page here on more information on creating an account: How do I create a Roku® account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos