Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I want to give one to a friend.

Jump to solution

Im wondering of I gift one Roku to a friend will she be able to use it? Being it has all my info...email, password, pin #?  Both my Rokus have the same info as if they were one...if info is changed on one will it affect the other?  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I want to give one to a friend.

Jump to solution

Yes, you can. On the front page menu, go into Settings then select System then select Advanced System Settings. The first option on the submenu should be Factory Reset. Selecting Factory Reset will erase all of your information and unlink the device from your Roku account. After it reboots, it should perform like new. Resetting and delinking one device from your account will have no affect on your other device.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yes, you can. On the front page menu, go into Settings then select System then select Advanced System Settings. The first option on the submenu should be Factory Reset. Selecting Factory Reset will erase all of your information and unlink the device from your Roku account. After it reboots, it should perform like new. Resetting and delinking one device from your account will have no affect on your other device.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I dont see my reply, so Im sending it again. Thank you very much 😁❗I sure appreciate your help and responding as quick as you did. You have put my mind at ease and my friend will be very happy 😊👍👏...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

I had a similar situation with a friend as well.  Although there are some big differences.  I chose to share my own account with him.

Before I sent the Stick Plus off to him, I activated it with my own account.  I wanted to share my paid & and free apps with him remotely.  If he had an issue with it, I take care of it. 

It's been a year now.  Through.this past year,. We went through the Lockdown, riots, and strange illness that kept.us apart.  He still had the little Roku I gave him.  It is like we are together when we had to be apart.  

If we do go our separate ways, I can very easily unlink the device remotely as well and he's on his own!

0 Kudos