Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I want to factory reset my old roku and put everything on my new roku ultra

Jump to solution

I want to factory reset my old roku and put everything on my new roku ultra

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: I want to factory reset my old roku and put everything on my new roku ultra

Jump to solution

When you link your new Ultra to your Roku user account, every channel you have on your current player will be installed on the new one. Anything that requires logging in will still require you to do so. Depending on how old your existing player is, there may be many new channels that aren't available on your current player. 

The channel tiles won't be arranged the same on the new player, as that's something that is independent for each device. 

It won't matter if you reset your old player before or after you link the new player, as those channels are linked to your user account, not the device. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

if I can not get a answer I will send the 2 roku ultra back and go with something else

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

do you have a phone number I can reach you at

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

When you link your new Ultra to your Roku user account, every channel you have on your current player will be installed on the new one. Anything that requires logging in will still require you to do so. Depending on how old your existing player is, there may be many new channels that aren't available on your current player. 

The channel tiles won't be arranged the same on the new player, as that's something that is independent for each device. 

It won't matter if you reset your old player before or after you link the new player, as those channels are linked to your user account, not the device. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos