Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rofang

I need to change the language for my ROKU setup instructions.

My remote just up and stopped working. I was unable to get to work again. So I just decided to hook up a new spare ROKU I had. Unfortunately the instructions are in a foreign language. How do I change it.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: I need to change the language for my ROKU setup instructions.

You can go to settings > system > language. 

Of course, you'll be looking for the equivalent in whatever language you have it in now.  Usually that's pretty guessable.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I need to change the language for my ROKU setup instructions.

@rofang 

If this spare Roku has a working remote, then Factory Reset and choose the correct language when presented option. (default should be English).  If you do not have a functioning Remote, then do not Factory Reset.

Instead, use a translation website on your laptop to figure out what your screen is saying to proceed through Setup.  After successfully setting up, you can then change the language to English under Settings/System/Language/English.

If your Roku is already setup and you are on Home Page, go to Settings/System/Language/English.  (Use a website translator to find out what language you are currently using).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102