Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dennisd1

I moved my Roku 2 to another television in the house and cannot get it to function

I moved my Roku d2 to another television in the house and cannot get it to recognize login in info.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: I moved my Roku 2 to another television in the house and cannot get it to function

Could you be more specific?  I would expect a Roku moved to another TV within the same house to not even be aware that it was moved. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I moved my Roku 2 to another television in the house and cannot get it to function

@dennisd1 

What's the model number of your Roku 2? Settings > System > About

While the actual Roku 2 models (2720 and 4210) were both dual band and are still supported by Roku, if you have an older device that contains "Roku 2" in its name (Roku 2 HD, Roku 2 XD, Roku 2 XS) those are single band devices, and are no longer supported (not getting updates).

Depending on your physical layout, there may be spots where the 2.4 GHz band doesn't function properly, if your device is actually one of those legacy devices. And, there are a slew of other things that could impact. But let's start with the model number, and the additional details as @Strega requested.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos