Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Roku stick keeps going back to let’s get started screen

I need help with this as well but ours is a new tv

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Wilde2 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: Roku 2 model 2720x keeps going back to let’s get started screen

Please help I posted 2 weeks ago about my Roku2 issue.  Is there no Roku support contact site only this community, that can help with my account?

I'm trying to activate my Roku2 model# 2720x for the first time.
I get it to connect to my wifi, it goes thru the onscreen steps, after completing the steps, it says it will restart. When it comes back on it goes to the set up screen. I never get the code to input to my Roku account.
I have tried using my cell phone hot spot still no activation code
I have tried resetting the device.

0 Kudos
Level 21

@Taylor2 wrote:

Please help I posted 2 weeks ago about my Roku2 issue.  Is there no Roku support contact site only this community, that can help with my account?

I'm trying to activate my Roku2 model# 2720x for the first time.
I get it to connect to my wifi, it goes thru the onscreen steps, after completing the steps, it says it will restart. When it comes back on it goes to the set up screen. I never get the code to input to my Roku account.
I have tried using my cell phone hot spot still no activation code
I have tried resetting the device.

If the factory reset isn't doing it (you have to hold the reset button for a minimum of 30 seconds) then I'd guess the Roku has a failure of some type. But try the reset again, ensuring you hold the button long enough. Ignore anything happening on screen.

The model 2720 was released in 2013, so it's not a new device. I'm assuming you purchased or was given a used player. It still is supported by Roku for firmware updates, but it is down in processing power by quite a bit compared to the latest models. You are likely going to find channels that either don't work well, or aren't even available for that model. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 8

Thanks,

I bought this Roku 2 new, never opened the box until last month. From what your telling me to reset, the device needs to be on.  I'll try resetting again and holding it for at least 30 seconds.

0 Kudos
Level 21

Man, been sitting a while! Smiley Very Happy

Yes, it must be powered up and hold the button for a minimum of 30 seconds. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: I'm trying to set up/active my Roku2 for the first time, not getting activation code.

I/m trying to set up/active my Premiere Roku for the first item, not getting activation code

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I'm trying to set up/active my Roku2 for the first time, not getting activation code.

@romel1000 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and finish setting up your Roku device. Then once your device is setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

I have Roku Express, also keeps going back to Let's get started screen, language etc... after Updating software screen Progress.  What should I do?

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@carmsandiego 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As stated in my previous post, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and finish setting up your Roku device. Then once your device is setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos