Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imaquila
Reel Rookie

I have Hisense Roku tv model 32H4G5 but I can't figure out how to access the USB port

Jump to solution

I've plugged a thumb drive into the tv but I see no menu options to view what's on my thumb drive.   Please help if you can.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
imaquila
Reel Rookie

Re: I have Hisense Roku tv model 32H4G5 but I can't figure out how to access the USB port

Jump to solution

I relied on what I could find in the Table of Contents since there was no index.   Anyway.... I finally gave up and packed it up for an exchange to another brand.  I've set that one up and it even has an input button on the remote for easy access!

Thanks everyone for trying to find the answer...  I REALLY don't think it should be so difficult to find.   Fortunately NOT all brands are as difficult.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have Hisense Roku tv model 32H4G5 but I can't figure out how to access the USB port

Jump to solution

Do you have the Roku Media Player installed?

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/1829ae20b082957f963d7dab42abf7e5/roku-media-player

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
imaquila
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a reply to my question.   No, I did NOT specifically install a media player but in my search for access to my USB port, I did try a "Media Player" option.   It had a short list of options to select from but USB was not one of those options.   The quick start manual mentions the option of using the USB port but NOT how to go about it.    I REALLY miss the good "old fashioned manuals" that used to be provided upon purchase.   At this point I'd even welcome an online manual but apparently that's been deemed unnecessary too. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
imaquila
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the link to a manual.  I didn't find anything about USB in the Table of Contents and there was no index provided.   The closest I could find was possibly Add Inputs but again there was no mention of USB there either so the manual did me no good afterall.   Still, I very much appreciate the link I couldn't find anything about manuals on the website.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There are many references to USB in that manual.  The main section about playing from USB starts on printed page 52, which is page 60 in the file.  (I just pressed ctrl-f and then typed USB.)

0 Kudos
imaquila
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I relied on what I could find in the Table of Contents since there was no index.   Anyway.... I finally gave up and packed it up for an exchange to another brand.  I've set that one up and it even has an input button on the remote for easy access!

Thanks everyone for trying to find the answer...  I REALLY don't think it should be so difficult to find.   Fortunately NOT all brands are as difficult.

0 Kudos