Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't past let's get started

I tried doing a hard reset now it's stuck on the English screen language screen I can't get past the does anybody know anyting

10 REPLIES 10
WhiteMtGuy
Channel Surfer

Re: I can't past let's get started

Same here just now !!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Does the remote work?  Does the light on the device flash when you press a button?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
WhiteMtGuy
Channel Surfer

No, no flashes and Roku symbols on screen cascading......

Checked batteries, they're OK .

0 Kudos
renojim

What's the model number of the Roku written on it somewhere?  Is it a stick that plugs directly into the TV or a little box that connects via an HDMI cable?  Do you have a little button in the battery compartment of the remote?  If you have a little box, make sure you have a clear line of sight to the front of the box and point the remote at it.

The cascading Roku text is the Logo Rain screensaver.  It should go away when you press a button on the remote, but clearly it's not receiving the remote signal.

0 Kudos
WhiteMtGuy
Channel Surfer

Roku Express. Box with HDMI. Clear line of sight. No little switch. No blinking light when button (s) pressed.

Being shipped back to Amazon for replacement.

0 Kudos
renojim

If you want to see if the remote is doing anything you can verify whether it's sending a signal by pointing it at a digital camera like the one in your phone.  You should see a flash of light on the camera's screen when you press a button on the remote.  Note that some have reported that the batteries that came with the remote weren't any good.

0 Kudos
WhiteMtGuy
Channel Surfer

Issue fixed. Got replacement Roku express, remote works fine this time.

0 Kudos
RNjackierl

I have the same problem.  I get the "Let's get started" screen, choose the language and enter the code for my network.  I haven't seen anything  else.  Please advise. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @RNjackierl

Thanks for the post.

For us to better understand the issue you're experiencing, could you reply here with a photo of your TV screen after you entered the code for your network? Let us know as well if you're getting an error code or message. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos