Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solla4ever
Reel Rookie

I am from Sri Lanka and I bought Roku Express 4k+

I am from Sri lanka and I bought Roku express 4k from USA from my friend. I didn't know about the region issues. But once activated I figured that I cant add some channels even I am unable to add Amazon prime. What  can I do it? Will it never work? Or any other solution? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I am from Sri Lanka and I bought Roku Express 4k+

@Solla4ever 

Roku itself is not supported outside the 17 regions listed in the Country link a the bottom of the Roku home page.

However, that doesn't mean it won't work. Roku allows developers to pick and choose where their apps work. Most developers choose to not allow their apps to work where Roku itself isn't supported.

Some developers do, however. The most notable is Netflix. But many large developers make the choice to not support their apps outside Roku supported regions. Roku does not stop any app from working. The developer codes where the app will work and where the app will not work.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Solla4ever
Reel Rookie

Is there anyway to add at least Amazon prime ? Using VPN or some other way?

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

There may be ways, (honestly I've never tried) but in case you didn't notice, the community guidelines here say there is no discussion of circumvention techniques here.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Solla4ever wrote:

Is there anyway to add at least Amazon prime ? Using VPN or some other way?

According to the guidelines off this forum, discussion of VPN to circumvent geo-restrictions if forbidden.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos