Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Multiple TV's + Roku TV Setup

Jump to solution

@EsRiggins 

Yes, there's isn't a known limit to the number of devices on a Roku user account. I currently have 8 attached to mine. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
renojim

Jump to solution

The limit is 20:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Developer-Program/How-many-roku-player-can-i-link-to-one-account/...

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Glad they finally put something in writing. That question went all the way back to 2011!

Dan

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yes it will, but if you are using the same account be aware that any setup changes you made like different channels or themes or anything like that will transfer to the other devices as well for example if your kids was using your sign in and you change it it would be in their room as well if they get a different email sign-in they can do things differently but subscriptions won't transfer over

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Why am I seeing notices on my tv saying I’m watching maximum videos when there’s only one tv on
seems like Roku is developing issues

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@VAR if you're seeing that message within a channel, that's not coming from Roku (unless it's The Roku Channel, but I don't think there's any limit on that one). Many providers limit the number of concurrent streams by that user account. Netflix is one for certain, and there are many others.

If you're seeing that message, I'd contact that particular provider and see if they can assist. It might be that someone is using your account credentials without your knowledge. The provider should be able to determine where geographically the other stream is being sent.

Dan

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No you don’t need separate emails and if you did you can still load your other paid subscriptions on any device that supports them and even share with a friend on the other side of the country - you’re restrictions are based on how many devices are watching at the same time

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@VAR wrote:

No you don’t need separate emails 

Unless you wish to have different channels on different devices. All Roku devices linked to the same account will have the same channels installed. Remove a channel from one and it's removed from all. Add a channel to one and they all get it. You can position the channels in different locations on the home screen on each device, but the actual channel installation is tied to all devices. But as you say, you can use the same login credentials on all devices, or you can use different credentials on different devices. With a few exceptions, the login credentials are not tied to the user account. 

Dan

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: How to use Roku across a mix of Roku TVs and non-Roku TVs in my home

Jump to solution

Last I saw at Costco on line they offered a 2 pack of Roku devices  for $99

1 streaming stick and 1 Ultra

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

One Acct and I have 6 devices my wife has an additional roku Acct with 2 and we share everything between 2 of our homes

0 Kudos