Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How to temporarily deactivate one device and activate other device ?

Jump to solution

I’m currently at 5 devices on my account. I’m about to take a trip and I have a new roku express. How do I temporarily deactivate one device at my home so I can activate the new device on my brief trip ? Of course I’ll want to reactivate the home device when I return. Thanks !!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to temporarily deactivate one device and activate other device ?

Jump to solution

@RockNRollFan 

Thanks for the inquiry.

May I ask why you would need to deactivate your device device to add another? You should be able to activate another device to your account without having to remove another device.

In the event that you still want to deactivate a device, you would simply need to unlink the device from your Roku account. You would then be able to relink your device whenever you wish.

For more information about unlinking your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I remove a Roku® streaming device from my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@RockNRollFan 

Thanks for the inquiry.

May I ask why you would need to deactivate your device device to add another? You should be able to activate another device to your account without having to remove another device.

In the event that you still want to deactivate a device, you would simply need to unlink the device from your Roku account. You would then be able to relink your device whenever you wish.

For more information about unlinking your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I remove a Roku® streaming device from my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It was my understanding that I can only have 5 devices per one account. I’m currently at 5 devices. I had a 6th device I wanted to take in a trip. 

In the future can I run 6 devices on my account ? Please advise. Thanks !!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

i don't know if there is a limit,but it;s not 5.

heard one guy say he had something like 11.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@RockNRollFan wrote:

It was my understanding that I can only have 5 devices per one account. I’m currently at 5 devices. I had a 6th device I wanted to take in a trip. 

In the future can I run 6 devices on my account ? Please advise. Thanks !!!!

There's no limit to the number of devices on your Roku account. It's the scammers that try to get you to pay for an "enhanced" account, which doesn't exist. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos