Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How to setup Roku 4

I have a Roku 4 from a gift 2 years ago, the item came with practically no setup Instruction and getting to contact Roku is a greater problem.  Any advice

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: How to setup Roku 4

With it powered on, look for reset pinhole on the roku, stick something in the hole hold for over 30 seconds. If you still have oem roku remote, you will have to pair it to roku 4 again, so when its roku bouncing on the screen press and hold the pairing key in the battery compartment, when it stops bouncing on-screen release for a bit and start pressing again until you get conformation the remote is paired. 

Set the language, enter your internet network and password. Then there should be a link code, with roku.com/link address, DO NOT enter that into search engine like google or bing!! Enter it on your computer or cellphone browser address bar, and follow the prompts to set up a an account. 

Never pay anyone to activate your roku or for roku customer service. There are bunch of scam artist out there to take your money. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My Roku 4 has no reset hole

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

On the Roku 4, there is a 'button' on the bottom that says RESET. Use that in place of a reset hole.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes I got it going. But why Roku didn't include this information with the product.

Thanks twice

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Welcome to modern electronics. They are supposedly so simple to use that there are typically very basic to minimal instructions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@hkgoer 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For information about how to setup your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® streaming player or Streaming Stick® (any model)?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos