Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoseB

How to set up if I bought Roku in the USA but I want to use it in South America

Hi. I have troubles setting up Roku. I bought Roku in the USA but I want to use it in Ecuador-South America. Can someone help me? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to set up if I bought Roku in the USA but I want to use it in South America

Where you buy it doesn't matter much. Where you set it up does.  For best results getting access to the channel apps that have been made available in your area:

• Set it up using a local internet connection exhibiting an IP located in your area.
  • Link it to a Roku account also set up via a local IP connection.
  • If possible, use an email account with a mail provider also in your area.

These steps should insulate you from regional conflicts.

Note that regional availability of any given channel depends on two things that are controlled by the channel, not Roku:

• The channel operator must have obtained the right to stream its content to that region and have activated its channel in this region.
  • The channel operator must have coded the Roku version of its channel app to allow it to be run in this region.  It's not unusual for a channel operator to overlook this step, so the channel may be available via a different platform like a computer but not via Roku.  In such cases you may need to contact channel management and request they authorize the channel's Roku up for use in your region.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos