Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
picoverb
Level 7

How to set up ROKU 3400x with NO remote control

I bought in clearance a Hitachi Tv. it comes with a ROKU stick, the model is 3400x,  but it has NO remote control. I want to use the ROKU (MHL) that is connected directly into a HDMI port. but when I turn on there is no chance to navigate it to set up and connect it to my .wifi. I tried to connect my iphone to the roku directly, but it ask me for a password.
1. Does anybody know the default password to connect it with my iPhone to use the app to control the roku?
2. Is there a remote control that works with the roku stick 3400x?  Thanks so much in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
twiceover
Level 10

Re: How yo set up ROKU 3400x with NO remote control.I

You can't.  The connection isn't for connecting a phone.  You cannot set it up from scratch without a remote.

Also the 3400x is so so so old and the performance abysmal..
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

The 3400 gets signals from the TV. If the remote is the one that came with the TV originally, and if the TV and MHL Stick are in working order, it should work.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

"Basil" wrote:
The 3400 gets signals from the TV. If the remote is the one that came with the TV originally, and if the TV and MHL Stick are in working order, it should work.

Sounds to me like he has NO remote at all with the TV.. I'd just buy a Room stick for it, since it's newer and faster than what the MHL stick would've provided, and then buy a universal remote for the TV functions..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
picoverb
Level 7

"jeffrok" wrote:
"Basil" wrote:

Sounds to me like he has NO remote at all with the TV.. I'd just buy a Room stick for it, since it's newer and faster than what the MHL stick would've provided, and then buy a universal remote for the TV functions..

Yes, I have no remote control, I tried IR controls and different codes, but it does not work. Which devise do you recommend me to buy? I would like an inexpensive one, for this is for my one year old. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Your best bet may be to contact Hitachi and seek a replacement for that model TV. Apart from that, since most of the Roku-Ready TVs came with IR remotes, perhaps a cheap (around $5) remote from Walmart, Family Dollar, etc, that supports Hitachi TVs might do the job. I'm very uncertain about that approach, but it would be the cheapest way if it works, and a rather inexpensive failure if it doesn't.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos