Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TexasIndian
Level 8

How to: replace Blu-ray player with Streaming Stick (3600)

One tv currently streaming through Blu-ray player; now have extra Streaming Stick (3600) 

(bought new Stick+ (3810RW).  Want to connect 3600 to tv (Blu-ray is 2-step AND erratic)

but still want Blu-ray connected for playing dvd's.  So....HOW / WHAT do I do??  Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: How to: replace Blu-ray player with Streaming Stick (3600)

It depends on how many HDMI inputs your TV has.  If it has enough to handle everything you want to connect you can just connect the stick to an empty HDMI input.  If you're out of inputs, you'll need an HDMI switch which you can connect multiple devices to its inputs and then take its output and connect it to your TV.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: How to: replace Blu-ray player with Streaming Stick (3600)

@TexasIndian wrote:

One tv currently streaming through Blu-ray player; now have extra Streaming Stick (3600) 

(bought new Stick+ (3810RW).  Want to connect 3600 to tv (Blu-ray is 2-step AND erratic)

but still want Blu-ray connected for playing dvd's.  So....HOW / WHAT do I do??  Thanks.

If the tv has an unused HDMI port, just connect the 3600 to it and use the TV's controls to switch to whichever input port you wish to use at the time.

If there isn't an available open HDMI port, you'll have to "piggy back" two devices on the same port using an HDMI switch (not an HDMI splitter).  Then use the switch to select which device you want to view.

Hook up diagramHook up diagram

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos