Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bragly
Level 7

How to log out. How do I log out of one roku account and sign in with another?

I'm on vacation and I want to log into my account but there's one slready established.  Is there a way to log out of it so I can log into mine?

5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to log out. How do I log out of one roku account and sign in with another?

@Bragly 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide clarification regarding the issue you are experiencing? Is this Roku device yours, or is it someone else's (vacation rental)?

Please be aware that the only way to switch the user account on a Roku device is to try to perform a factory reset on the Roku device and to activate and link it to your Roku account.

With more information we will be able to provide further assistance in the next recommended steps.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
carrie3488
Level 7

Re: How to log out. How do I log out of one roku account and sign in with another?

How do I sign out of my roku account,,,and add another account 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

You can't simply log out, you need to do a factory reset of the roku, ether through the menu or look for a reset button or pinhole. With it powered on, depress the reset for over 30 seconds. Once it comes back, set the language, enter internet network and password and now link it to the new account. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Ki77er-marcus23
Level 7

How do I log out!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Ki77er-marcus23 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are trying to log out of a Roku account on a device, you will need to perform a factory reset on the device, as each device is linked to a Roku account when setup.

For more information about how to factory reset a Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos