Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fidofax
Level 7

How to link a device that has already been set up?

Jump to solution

I purchased another device and set it up. I didn't notice a prompt for linking to the one I already have. I just thought I had to set up another account for each device. How can I link the new to the old after the new has already been set up.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: How to link a device that has already been set up?

Jump to solution

@Fidofax wrote:

I purchased another device and set it up. I didn't notice a prompt for linking to the one I already have. I just thought I had to set up another account for each device. How can I link the new to the old after the new has already been set up.

Do a Factory Reset to clear everything out of the Roku.  Find the command to do this in the Settings > System > Advanced system settings menu.

You'll then have to follow the prompts to set the Roku up from scratch.  If you don't already have your own Roku account to link it to it will lead you through creating one.

IMPORTANT!  Note, when you are directed to go to roku.com/link to link your new device, type it in very carefully and verify that you actually do go there.  Otherwise you can end up at a scammer's fake Roku site.  If you end up at ANY non-roku.com site (other than the https://my.roku.com/link that you'll get redirected to), back out and try again.

I'm a little concerned that you might have fallen victim to this on your first attempt on your new Roku.  If your first attempt at entering the link code failed and you were directed to go to a different website or to call a support phone number then you were outside the Roku system.  If you gave them any financial account information be very wary of bogus charges and be ready to dispute them with your credit card company or bank. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: How to link a device that has already been set up?

Jump to solution

@Fidofax wrote:

Do a Factory Reset to clear everything out of the Roku.  Find the command to do this in the Settings > System > Advanced system settings menu.

You'll then have to follow the prompts to set the Roku up from scratch.  If you don't already have your own Roku account to link it to it will lead you through creating one.

IMPORTANT!  Note, when you are directed to go to roku.com/link to link your new device, type it in very carefully and verify that you actually do go there.  Otherwise you can end up at a scammer's fake Roku site.  If you end up at ANY non-roku.com site (other than the https://my.roku.com/link that you'll get redirected to), back out and try again.

I'm a little concerned that you might have fallen victim to this on your first attempt on your new Roku.  If your first attempt at entering the link code failed and you were directed to go to a different website or to call a support phone number then you were outside the Roku system.  If you gave them any financial account information be very wary of bogus charges and be ready to dispute them with your credit card company or bank. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos