Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Link code

Jump to solution

@Carolann1

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? If your Roku device is already showing channels, did you already activate your Roku device?

We would recommend checking Settings > System > About and verifying if the email address matches that of your Roku account.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I did not receive a link code when setting up my account, how do I get one?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Johnschuchsr,

Thanks for the inquiry.

When activating your Roku device, you should follow the Quick Start Guide and complete the on-screen instructions to connect your Roku device to the internet. Once this is complete the Roku device will display a link code on the screen to link your device to your Roku account.
For more information regarding linking your Roku device, please see our support page: How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Ibt

Jump to solution

I've read several pages on this thread and have tried everything suggested still no link code.  When I reset my tv tells me to go to my email for link code. I can only find a link their not no code.

At the end of the day I want to add my alexa to the tv but I need the link code to do so. Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ibt

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, when trying to activate your Roku device, you will either be prompted with:

1) a link code on screen or 

2) requiring you to enter your email to receive a link that will activate your device, no code will be needed.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate your Roku device? Then once your device has been activated, try switching back to your home wireless network.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
diegog

Jump to solution

my account is activated but did not get a link code?  Can Roku send it to my cell phone, the link code?

Diego G.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you activated via an email that Roku sent you then you don't need a link code.  What are you trying to do?  If your Roku is linked to your Roku account then you're finished with activation.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Bishop71

Jump to solution

NO CODE EVER APPEARS! THIS IS SILLY,

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bishop71

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connecting your device to an alternate wireless network, such as a hotspot, to see if you can generate a link code and finish activating your Roku device? Then once your device has been setup try switching back to your home wireless network?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dwilhite100
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Download the Roku app remote. Just the normal one nothing fancy. On the remote screen hit the magnifying glass search button. Type in “link” and you’ll see a few different options. One you can link another console like a ps4 to different Roku TVs. You can link your accounts/tv now. 

0 Kudos