Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the link code on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

how do i get a link code???

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Link code

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

When activating your Roku device, you should follow the Quick Start Guide and complete the on-screen instructions to connect your Roku device to the internet. Once this is complete the Roku device will display a link code on screen to link your device to your Roku account.

For more information regarding linking your Roku device, please see our support page How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@frustratedanddi 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can retrieve an activation code and finish setting up your device. Then once your device is set up, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

144 REPLIES 144
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi,

When activating your Roku device, you should follow the Quick Start Guide and complete the on-screen instructions to connect your Roku device to the internet. Once this is complete the Roku device will display a link code on screen to link your device to your Roku account.

For more information regarding linking your Roku device, please see our support page How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Link code

Jump to solution

How do I get a link code from a tv that was previously owned

[merged thread]

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If the previous owner didn't do a factory reset, you should do so. I believe that will also provide what you're looking for. Go into the Settings menu and look under System/Advanced System Settings for Factory Reset. This removes all installed channels, any user information, and gives you the same startup process that a brand new device would have. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi,

As @atc98092 mentioned, in order to get a new link code you need to perform a factory reset on your RokuTV. For more information on how to do this, you can visit out support page How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sweisbart

Jump to solution

I am trying to install my Roku Express - no link code came up during installation. I did a factory reset and re-istalled, still no link code displayed. I am connected to wifi, and roku installed updates to the device. But after it updated nothing happened. ROKU graphics are displayed (purple screen) but still no link code. It appears that the on-screen setup completed without displaying link code. HELP!

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@sweisbart 

Thanks for the note. Start here for step by step instructions for activating your Roku Express device: https://support.roku.com/article/225735828-how-do-i-set-up-my-roku-express-

You can also check out our setup video: 

What do you currently see on the screen? If you log into your Roku account at my.roku.com, does the device appear under the linked devices section of your account? With more information, we should be able to continue assisting you. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
jcmorgan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Does a factory reset on this device effect my other rokus

0 Kudos
jcmorgan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If you reset the roku does it effect the account and any other rokus you have

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

No—performing a factory reset on one Roku device does not impact your Roku account in any way, except that it removes that Roku device from being linked to your Roku account. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos