Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tehuti88
Channel Surfer

How to exit Roku back to cable??

So we must have accidentally pushed a button on our remote and now we are stuck on Roku streaming live TV. Smiley Mad We prefer our cable provider, Spectrum, and their guide. We've tried pressing the home button, selecting source input (cable box or cable--neither seems to be it, though), and turning off the TV as instructed, but returning to live TV just takes us back to the Roku channel. No way to get back to Spectrum. What step are we missing?

7 REPLIES 7
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: How to exit Roku back to cable??

You must have a Roku TV correct? Which make? TCL? Hisense? You must be talking about the Roku Channel. Try this

https://support.roku.com/article/115012658287

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

As mentioned, are you using a Roku TV, or a stand alone Roku player? The home button should take you to the Roku home screen, not the Roku Channel. If you're on a Roku TV, then you need to select the input your cable box is connected to.

If you're not using a Roku TV, then you have to use your TV's remote to select the correct input. The Roku remote can't get you back to the TV interface. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Cat22

Stuck in Roku tv and can't get back to my regular Xfinity cable 

DBDukes

@Cat22 

If it is a Roku TV as opposed to a TV with a Roku attached, then there should be an entry on the main menu. Not sure how it's labeled, as I've never used cable with a Roku, but Roku TVs do have menu items for your standard TV input.

Well, unless in the menu system, you or another user hid the item. You may want to check settings for that, if you don't see it on the main menu.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
katielin
Channel Surfer

I found a solution that works for me.  Do you still need help?

DBDukes

@katielin 

Go ahead and share any tip or suggestion you have that works for you, about this or anything.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
katielin
Channel Surfer

@StevenSpiker, try disabling "1-touch play" under Settings->System->Control other devices.

That worked for me...(so far).  I have old 2015 Samsung Smart TV, Spectrum cable and Roku Express.  To go to Roku from Cable you will now also have to use source via your tv remote. A small price to pay.