Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

How to change setup language from French to back to English????

The Setup screen on Language flashed by so quick, it auto selected French, not English.  I  have yet to find a Setup Screen that will help me change the Language function back to English.  Of course, not being able to decipher French is an issue.  And it seems ROKU has not clear or easy means to contact tech support to help me.  Anyone with a bright idea in how to start over, because each time I try, the screens go immediately to French, 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 19

Re: How to change setup language from French to back to English????

It being in French you couldn't have gotten far in setting it up, so do factory reset of the roku. If its a roku tv, you should find a reset pinhole in the input panel usually at the very top. What kind of roku is it? Name and model number? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

There is a reset pin hole. I had completely overlooked that option. Will give it a try and see what happens.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I can't thank you enough. The streaming device (Premium) does have the pin-hole reset. Just didn't register. Can't tell you the last time I had to do a reset on a device.  First reset did not take.  Had to hold the reset long enough for the system the restart.  After that, got the system in English, and everything else from there on out was smooth sailing.

Thanks Again.

Highlighted
Level 7

I tried the pin hole with no luck.  I'm at wits end with this thing.  Friend has one that came up in Spanish.  He also has had no luck with the pin hole attempt.  He returned it due to the amount of hassle.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

You have to hold in the reset button for no less than 30 seconds while ignoring anything happening onscreen.

0 Kudos