Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haarvik
Reel Rookie

How to access HDHomerun DVR recordings on roku Ultra LT

I just added the HDHomerun DVR functionality.  I can see my recordings on my PC and my mobile phone.  I cannot see them on the roku.  Is there a specific button or something I need to enable in order to see my recordings on my roku box??

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to access HDHomerun DVR recordings on roku Ultra LT

Have you added the HD Homerun channel to your Roku account? https://channelstore.roku.com/details/f46afc2e43bc466ec6af01914b8851a3/hdhomerun

You have to use their channel/app to view your content. It doesn't just appear on the Roku automatically.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
haarvik
Reel Rookie

Re: How to access HDHomerun DVR recordings on roku Ultra LT

Yes.  I figured out that you have to wait a bit after the recording is finished to see it in the app.

0 Kudos
haarvik
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra TL will not playback recorded HDHomerun video

I finally got to see my recorded video in the HDHomerun app, but when I select Watch, it starts to load the video and then goes right back to the recordings screen.  This plays back just fine on my PC and my mobile, so I know the recording is good.  Is there a setting somewhere to fix this?  I've had this happen on live channels as well, but in that instance I just keep selecting the channel a few times and it finally works.  Not happy with this at all!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra TL will not playback recorded HDHomerun video

@haarvik 

The Roku Ultra LT, a Walmart exclusive device, is a good device, and you should not be experiencing any issues related to that model.

Perhaps there is an issue with the app. Try removing the app, rebooting the Roku, then reinstalling the app. All those steps in that order.

This may not resolve it, but it is an oft-suggested troubleshooting step that will resolve many app issues.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
haarvik
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra TL will not playback recorded HDHomerun video

I finally got it to work.  Apparently you have to let the transcoding finish before playback works.  But, even then the playback is terrible!  I ended up using Plex and sharing my dvr folder.  Works flawlessly that way.

0 Kudos