Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fcblaze
Reel Rookie

How get Roku stick 3800x to work with MItsubishi LT-46149?

I recently replaced my living room tv with a smart TV.  That left my Roku stick 3800x available to use with the bedroom TV where I had previously been using an older Roku 2 3050x for several years.  In order to receive Hulu Live I must switch to the Roku stick 3800x.  The bedroom TV is a 2008 Mitsubishi LT-46149 television. No matter what I try, I just have a blue screen.  The bouncing Roku letters do not come up.  I'm using the same HDMI input as I did previously with the Roku 2.  There is a USB connection which I have used to power the Roku stick.  The little diode light on the stick turns on.  I have also tried plugging the stick into wall power.  Still just a blue screen.  I tried switching back to the older Roku 2 3050x just to be sure I hadn't damaged something and it still loads and works just fine at that same HDMI input.   FYI - The TV owner's manual says it's HDMI ports should be compatible with any CEA-861 compliant HDMI device.  Yes, I have tried all of the HDMI ports.   I'm stumped.  Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How get Roku stick 3800x to work with MItsubishi LT-46149?

@fcblaze 

Can you plug both your Roku2 and the 3800X stick into different HDMI ports and then try changing the source using your TV remote. (ie switch from the Roku2 HDMI source to the 3800x HDMI2 using TV remote).

Normally a blue screen is the TV not recognizing a video signal source.

According to the TV's manual, you have a few options for resets that may help you get going.  You can do a simple A/V Memory reset (audio/visual problems) for a particular Input or complete A/V reset for all Inputs , a System Reset, and a TV reset (complete).  The procedures for all these start on page 84 of the troubleshooting.  See if any of these help and feel free to post back if you need more help.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/608670/Mitsubishi-Electric-Lt-46149.html?page=85#manual

You can download full manual here... https://www.manualslib.com/manual/608670/Mitsubishi-Electric-Lt-46149.html#manual

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

What happens if you plug the 3800x into an HDMI port on the new TV?  It almost seems like the Roku stick is not sending a signal to the TV.

0 Kudos
fcblaze
Reel Rookie

Hi AvsGunnar,

Thank you for taking the time to suggest solutions.  I am able to switch between the two Roku device inputs as you suggested, but the stick input is still a blue screen.  The resets you suggested did not solve the problem.  However, in manipulating the television it occurred to me that maybe somehow the TV screen (front of the TV) was blocking the wifi from getting to the Roku Stick(back of TV).  The old Roku 2 has a base unit that I have sitting in front of the screen.  So, I turned the stand around so the back of the TV was aimed at my router.  Voila'!!  The Roku Stick was finally recognized by the TV.  There must be a shield of some type (metal or waves) that interferes with the wifi getting to the stick behind the TV.  Now my only problem is that the screen is facing the wall.  Ha!  I'm heading to Amazon for an HDMI male to female cable so I can hang the Roku stick in front.  Should be the solution hopefully.  Thanks much.  

0 Kudos
fcblaze
Reel Rookie

Hi HDMIGuy,

See my reply to the first suggested solution.  Resolved.  Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@fcblaze 

Interesting that the 3800 would not display a video signal until it connected to the wireless network.  The Roku OS (operating system) should have at least booted and provided you with the Home Screen, etc and only required an active internet connection for streaming, not merely displaying the OS.

Wondering if maybe it was stuck on the video settings from your previous TV.

I am sure your extension harness idea will work.  Otherwise, you can try adjusting your router settings.  You will prob be able to connect using the generally stronger 2.4 band.

Sometimes lowering the TX power (antenna strength) from 100 percent to 80 or so, lowering the bandwidth/channel width to 40 or even 20, and trying the different compatible channels 36-48 and 149-161 under the Wireless Settings of your router can all be useful in trying to mitigate interference on the 5ghz band.  Sometimes just moving another electrical device is all that is needed.

Either way, good to hear you have resolved your issue.  Thanks for posting an update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos