Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rk3333
Reel Rookie

How do I turn off quick button voice announcement "Launching ,.. " ?

Jump to solution

I've programmed my two quick buttons. When I hit it, a voice announces "Launching ..." but it's loud. I don't want any voice at all. I've disabled the audio guide but it didn't mute this one voice. I find it super annoying.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do I turn off quick button voice announcement "Launching ,.. " ?

Jump to solution

Hi @rk3333,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Which model of Roku device are you using? Just to clarify, you are referring to the Audio Guide feature, where on-screen text is being read aloud to you when you navigate inside the channel? Or are you referring to closed captioning or Audio description? 

You can turn off Audio Guide by pressing the * button on your remote 4 times quickly.

Please be noted that some channel manages its own content programming, including closed captions on contents. Reach out to the channel If changing the captions on the Roku settings does not resolve the issue.

We would also recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information on how to enabled Closed captioning: How do I enable closed captioning? | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rk3333,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Which model of Roku device are you using? Just to clarify, you are referring to the Audio Guide feature, where on-screen text is being read aloud to you when you navigate inside the channel? Or are you referring to closed captioning or Audio description? 

You can turn off Audio Guide by pressing the * button on your remote 4 times quickly.

Please be noted that some channel manages its own content programming, including closed captions on contents. Reach out to the channel If changing the captions on the Roku settings does not resolve the issue.

We would also recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information on how to enabled Closed captioning: How do I enable closed captioning? | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rk3333
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 
Thanks for the help ! I have a Roku Ultra. The issue is with the "Quick Launch" (I think they're called, the buttons marked 1,2). When I hit them, a rather loud voice announces "Launching PBS" for example.

I have Audio Guide off. I'd searched and found the many questions on that part but I still get the voice when I hit a quick launch.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rk3333

Thanks for the post.

We would like to look into this issue but need further information. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rk3333
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Model: 4670X

Serial:YJ00F6680553

Software V: 6.5.0 build 4210-46

DeviceId: KW99CF68053

Tracker ID 53-179-797

Reproduce by pressing button 1 (or 2) which I have programmed to launch PBS app or HBO app. It does not always result in the voice announcement but does most times.

0 Kudos