Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How do I toggle between my "roku" interface and my "Sony TV" interface using the remotes for each.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a Roku device plugged into my Sony Bravia TV.  I usually turn both the TV and the Roku device on by using the Roku remote (pressing the power button).  It then shows me the 'roku' interface.  The only time I use the TV remote is to change the 'input' source or to change the volume.

How do I toggle between this interface and the TVs interface?  I did it before, but I forgot what I did.  ie. what button do I need to press on my TV remote?  There are times when I just want to change my TV settings, and I forgot how to get to that screen!

I know it's simple; but I don't want to press buttons and mess things up!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 20

Re: How do I toggle between my "roku" interface and my "Sony TV" interface using

Jump to solution

Pressing the Home key on the Sony remote will bring to the TV interface. Pressing the Home key on the Roku remote should initiate a hdmi-cec pulse and switch the tv to roku input. You might be able to ping pong back and forth usings these keys to go from tv to roku, then roku back to TV.  You won't be able to press a key on the roku remote to send it to the tv interface, and input button on the tv remote would led to the roku. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Level 18

Re: How do I toggle between my "roku" interface and my "Sony TV" interface using

Jump to solution

On the TV's remote look for a button probably top right or left that says either Source or Input

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

boogernose wrote:

On the TV's remote look for a button probably top right or left that says either Source or Input

The only buttons that I DO use on the TV remote (attached) are the 'input' button to change the source between the TV connections and DVD Player.  I also use the volume button; but that is all I use on my TV remote.

I turn on both my TV & Roku at the same time - using the Roku remote!  and I get the usual interface for Roku and all my channels.  My TV screen has a different look and I can settings and all that stuff.  I just forgot how to get there....and get back.TV RemoteTV Remote

Could it be one of the buttons around the home button? Or display?

0 Kudos
Level 18

Jump to solution

Well Im not horribly familiar with Roku TV's.

Not sure which interface youre looking for....Settings?

or if you want like broadcast TV its anohter source/Input

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Level 20

Jump to solution

Pressing the Home key on the Sony remote will bring to the TV interface. Pressing the Home key on the Roku remote should initiate a hdmi-cec pulse and switch the tv to roku input. You might be able to ping pong back and forth usings these keys to go from tv to roku, then roku back to TV.  You won't be able to press a key on the roku remote to send it to the tv interface, and input button on the tv remote would led to the roku. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

Level 8

Jump to solution

As I replied earlier, I am able to change my screen to the TV mode and back to the Roku mode - by just using the buttons on the TV remote.  It's easier that way.  I put the Roku remote aside and use 2 keys on the TV remote to get back and forth.

Thanks.

0 Kudos