Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move my roku stick from one tv to another

How do I move my roku stick from one tv to another my hdmi 1 port is damaged but when I put it in hdmi 2 or 3 it keeps saying no signal

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: How do I move my roku stick from one tv to another

"RobinVelasquez" wrote:
How do I move my roku stick from one tv to another my hdmi 1 port is damaged but when I put it in hdmi 2 or 3 it keeps saying no signal

Just like any device, you'd power down then simply move it. If it's not working on the other TV, there are a few things that could be going on.

1) The TV inputs are bad. If other stuff works in them, then that would rule that out. If you have another HDMI device to connect to one of those ports, then that would settle if this is the issue.

2) You aren't switching to the correct input. Verify the cable on the input, and ensure the input selected on the TV via the TV menu or remote is the same. I suspect this isn't the issue, but it's something that should be verified.

3) The Roku has no power. Are you using the power supply that came with the Roku? If not, try it for testing purposes, if not all the time.

4) The Roku is bad. Unplugging it without powering it down could cause an issue. You mentioned the 2nd TV has a bad HDMI port. That shows things can go wrong with them.

There may be other things that could be causing the issue, but those are the most likely, not necessarily in that order.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos