Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jvanne
Level 7

How do I hardwire my Roku

Jump to solution

How do I hardwire my Roku Streaming Stick? I want to turn off wifi completely. I understand I may have to get another model of Roku, which is ok if necessary

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I hardwire my Roku

Jump to solution

The only model in the current Roku line with an Ethernet port is the Ultra.  All others are wifi only.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy

Jump to solution

The only model in the current Roku line with an Ethernet port is the Ultra.  All others are wifi only.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
jvanne
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply below

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Note that even with the Ultra hardwired the remote still uses Wi-Fi direct.  You can use an IR remote, but if your desire is to turn off any RF emissions from the Ultra I don't believe it's possible.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos