Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How do I change the language to English? It came up foreign and I can't fix it

Need to change to English and don't know how. When I started it it came up foreign

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: How do I change the language to English? It came up foreign and I can't fix it

Look for reset button, or pinhole and do a factory reset of the device. If its a stick you will have to re-pair the wifi remote. When the roku is bouncing, start pressing anf holding the pairing button in the battery compartment, when stops bouncing, release for a bit and start pressing again until you get confirmation its paired. First thing it has you do is pick language. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How do I change the language to English? It came up foreign and I can't fix it

Language choice never comes up. I did all the steps to pair at least 5 times. The language choice still doesn't appear.

Highlighted
Level 7

I’m having the same problem. Anybody out there have a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

How about Settings->System->Language?  You should be able to translate what's shown now into those 3 words.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Got mine at Sam’s, and is also set to Spanish

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

start by downloading the Google translate app. Select camera and walk up to your tv screen to see what menu items say in english

go ahead to that link site, setup account.

then install Roku Phone app and link with that code

find the word “idioma” change to english

whew

0 Kudos