Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How do I change the language to English? It came up foreign and I can't fix it

Need to change to English and don't know how. When I started it it came up foreign

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 18

Re: How do I change the language to English? It came up foreign and I can't fix it

Look for reset button, or pinhole and do a factory reset of the device. If its a stick you will have to re-pair the wifi remote. When the roku is bouncing, start pressing anf holding the pairing button in the battery compartment, when stops bouncing, release for a bit and start pressing again until you get confirmation its paired. First thing it has you do is pick language. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How do I change the language to English? It came up foreign and I can't fix it

Language choice never comes up. I did all the steps to pair at least 5 times. The language choice still doesn't appear.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’m having the same problem. Anybody out there have a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

How about Settings->System->Language?  You should be able to translate what's shown now into those 3 words.

0 Kudos