Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How do I activate Roku without entering Card or Paypal Info? (please read form in entirety)

I already know how to do this. But there is a problem.

Ususally, I can skip this since I logged in and activated my Roku Products via Code, so, I can ususally skip this. Hovever, for some unknown reason, instead of Code activation, my Roku is making me enter my E-Mail instead and sending a link to it to activate. Here is the issue. I am a pretty big person on privacy. I want to keep my PayPal E-Mail and Card Details private. If I was using Code activation, this would not be a problem. But now, since I have to use a Direct Link from an E-Mail, it will not let me skip adding the details.

Please help me out.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: How do I activate Roku without entering Card or Paypal Info? (please read form in entirety)

I dont even know all the Email addresses I have.

I've lost track on most.

Just set up Email account for free.

I use Lastpass on the web to remember all my stupid

Email accounts and passwords.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: How do I activate Roku without entering Card or Paypal Info? (please read form in entirety)

I too value my privacy both online and offline.  While I do use my actual governmental issued legal name and card numbers when PAYING for services and products online, it ends there.  I don't care to store my credit/debit card  anywhere after payment is accepted and posted.  Too much can go wrong:  

How To Keep Your Hard Earned Money Very Separate From Your Roku Account For The Foreseeable Future

https://community.roku.com/t5/Community-Discussions/How-To-Keep-Your-Hard-Earned-Money-Very-Separate...

These are crazy times right now.  The scammers are everywhere dreaming up ways to separate people from their rightfully earned money.  The companies are missing many to most of their employees that once monitored their company's functions.  And complaints.  So I use my still active "dummy" debit card + it's equally emptied Zero balance now when forced to with no choice in the matter. 

I have no choice in the matter for the foreseeable future.  Neither do any of you as well. 

0 Kudos