Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GaryFuller
Level 7

How can I stop the timer when using CEC to change input?

I just bought a TCL Roku 40' TV. I have a new Apple TV attached with CEC enabled. Everything works well with the CEC. When I turn on the Apple TV, the TV turns on to the proper input. When the TV is off and I turn on the Apple TV, there is a timer that counts down and then it switches to the Apple TV input. October 26, 2020 at 09_25AM.jpeg

I want to turn this timer off. When I turn on my Apple TV I want it to go directly to the proper input.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply
kok618918
Level 7

Re: How can I stop the timer when using CEC to change input?

@GaryFuller wrote:

I just bought a TCL Roku 40' TV. I have a new Apple TV attached with CEC enabled. Everything works well with the CEC. When I turn on the Apple TV, the TV turns on to the proper input. When the TV is off and I turn on the Apple TV, there is a timer that counts down and then it switches to the Apple TV input. October 26, 2020 at 09_25AM.jpeg

I want to turn this timer off. When I turn on my Apple TV I want it to go directly to the proper input.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos