Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How can I play a retro game console on a Roku TV (TCL 43S425) with an aspect ratio of 4:3?

I'm trying to play an old video game console (the Nintendo 64) on my new Roku TV.  While the RCA to HDMI converter I bought successfully connects the console to my television, none of the screen sizes that appear in the settings menu for the input simulate a 4:3 aspect ratio, which is necessary to prevent everything from being stretched strangely wide.  Is there any way to connect the console to the TV in such a way that I can adjust the aspect ratio?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: How can I play a retro game console on a Roku TV (TCL 43S425) with an aspect ratio of 4:3?

It could be the converter itself that's screwing with the aspect ratio.  You might want to research that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How can I play a retro game console on a Roku TV (TCL 43S425) with an aspect ratio of 4:3?

The converter itself does not affect the aspect ratio.

0 Kudos