Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobby64
Level 7

How can I play a retro game console on a Roku TV (TCL 43S425) with an aspect ratio of 4:3?

I'm trying to play an old video game console (the Nintendo 64) on my new Roku TV.  While the RCA to HDMI converter I bought successfully connects the console to my television, none of the screen sizes that appear in the settings menu for the input simulate a 4:3 aspect ratio, which is necessary to prevent everything from being stretched strangely wide.  Is there any way to connect the console to the TV in such a way that I can adjust the aspect ratio?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How can I play a retro game console on a Roku TV (TCL 43S425) with an aspect ratio of 4:3?

It could be the converter itself that's screwing with the aspect ratio.  You might want to research that.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Bobby64
Level 7

Re: How can I play a retro game console on a Roku TV (TCL 43S425) with an aspect ratio of 4:3?

The converter itself does not affect the aspect ratio.

0 Kudos