Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mitchell13

How can I add channels from to Roku from the Roku website while on my PC?

I am trying to add a channel from the Roku website on my desktop PC. I get the error "You must have at lease one device linked to your account before you can add a channel." My Roku is already linked to my TV as I have been watching Roku programs already, so why doesn't this work? How do I fix this error?

tp link login 

sarkari job 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: How can I add channels from to Roku from the Roku website while on my PC?

Are you sure you are logged into the same account as the Roku device? At https://my.roku.com/account, scroll down to the bottom to verify the correct device is linked.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Do you have an actual Roku player, or are you referring to The Roku Channel, as an app available on your smart TV? If the latter, you can't add channels to The Roku Channel. It has what it has, and you can't add anything to it. As the message says, you can only add channels to a Roku player or Roku TV. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
stevenharry1
Reel Rookie

I am trying to add a channel from the Roku website on my desktop PC. I get the error "You must have at lease one device linked to your account before you can add a channel." My Roku is already linked to my TV as I have been watching Roku programs already, so why doesn't this work? How do I fix this error?

simple answer is to use universal remote codes.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@stevenharry1 wrote:

You are watching The Roku Channel on a non-Roku TV. You can't add channels to that. You can only add channels to an actual Roku device. 

The Roku Channel is available on many non-Roku devices. But you can only watch what is available on that channel. It is not a replacement for a Roku player.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos