Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ARMYRET
Reel Rookie

How to watch live sports on Roku without a cable TV Subscription?

Jump to solution

Is there a way to watch local sports ie Milwaukee Brewers. Green Bay Packers, without a cable TV Subscription?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to watch live sports on Roku without a cable TV Subscription?

Jump to solution

You could find a streaming service that carries the local channels. I find https://suppose.tv to be useful for that. Enter your location in the top left, under Local pick the stations you want, then in the top right, pick Roku as a device. It will show you the services that carry those local stations.

Alternately, put up an antenna, if you're in range. You could then add the antenna to stream on your Roku by using Tablo TV or Air TV.

Additional resources you might find helpful:

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes

Jump to solution

You could find a streaming service that carries the local channels. I find https://suppose.tv to be useful for that. Enter your location in the top left, under Local pick the stations you want, then in the top right, pick Roku as a device. It will show you the services that carry those local stations.

Alternately, put up an antenna, if you're in range. You could then add the antenna to stream on your Roku by using Tablo TV or Air TV.

Additional resources you might find helpful:

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
ARMYRET
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you,  most useful information. 

0 Kudos
dathead2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I use locast.org app for this. It’s $5/month if you don’t want ads though.  I only use it for CBS football because the CBS app doesn’t work right for me.

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

Since Locast is only in 31 markets, it's even money that the user doesn't have Locast access. But for those in one of those markets, it's definitely an option.

DBDukes

0 Kudos