Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BGlembo

Horrible process to upgrade to new Roku Ultra from old Ultra

Made the mistake of upgrading to the newer Roku Ultra from older Roku Ultra.  The new box going back. 

Same network, same username and password.  None of my information transferred.  I have to upload new user name and password for Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, Xfinity, HBO Max, and every other subscription I pay for. 

If you have older Ultra, do not upgrade.  My new box going back to Costco. 

2 REPLIES 2
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Horrible process to upgrade to new Roku Ultra from old Ultra

Thats normal - while apps "transfer" (apps are actually account associated, not device associated), login/authentication doesnt for most apps, especially subscription services.

So it doesnt matter what model you get, you'll experience the same thing - you'll need to login/authenticate almost all of your apps.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Horrible process to upgrade to new Roku Ultra from old Ultra

@BGlembo 

As @StreamerUser said, that's normal. If you add a second streaming device (Roku or anything else) you'll have to do the same thing. It's simply another device.

Oh, and if you factory reset your current Roku, same thing. It's how things work, whether Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, Apple TV, or whatever.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos