Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Datsunguy
Level 7

Hooking up a 2nd TV -

I have the first TV hooked up with Ethernet cable to network router. I wish to hookup a new second tv in another room. Do I just plug in another Roku and do I have to setup a seperate account for that to work wireless? 

Once I do for other apps  can I share from the first TV, how is that done?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Justin_Denial
Level 7

Re: Hooking up a 2nd TV -

From another newbie -  I installed 2 roku dongles in 2 tv's.  Each required the roku code to pair the remote to the dongle.  then the 2nd tv needed to have whatever aps added and activated ( dang laptop was in another room, so I got a little exercise.  )  But all on the same account.  

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 17

@Datsunguy wrote:

I have the first TV hooked up with Ethernet cable to network router. I wish to hookup a new second tv in another room. Do I just plug in another Roku and do I have to setup a seperate account for that to work wireless? 

Once I do for other apps  can I share from the first TV, how is that done?

You can have as many Roku devices on a single Roku account as you wish. Any app added to any device gets added to all devices. Any app removed from a device gets removed from all devices.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

@DBDukes wrote:

You can have as many Roku devices on a single Roku account as you wish. Any app added to any device gets added to all devices. Any app removed from a device gets removed from all devices.

.. as long as you link them to the SAME Roku account.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi