Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laurenmck

Hisense Roku tv with no remote

Hisense Roku tv with no remote

I got a Hisense Roku tv for free from my job when the company got bought out and was getting rid of all the previous acquisition stuff. Unfortunately the Roku remote didn’t come with the tv. The tv was also hard reset so when I turn it on from the button at the bottom of the frame, it asks what language etc. Since I can’t connect the tv to wifi and I dont have a remote, what do I do?

4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hisense Roku tv with no remote

You can get an inexpensive IR remote from almost any store that sells remotes. Just make sure it lists support for Roku TVs. You can also get a Roku directly from Roku, but that will take longer. It also appears Hisense sells replacement remotes on their web site. I couldn't look up the exact remote, as they want the complete model number of the TV. But that of course would take a little time. The universal IR remote you should be able to pick up immediately, except of course tomorrow being Christmas you might not find many stores open. 🙂

hisense-usa.com

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

All Roku TVs will support any of the Roku Voice remotes.  You may be able to find these locally at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, etc, or of course at Amazon.  Also, Roku TV remotes from any Roku TV manufacturer can be used with a Hisense Roku TV.

• (Remotes from HiSense and Sharp can only be used with HiSense and Sharp Roku TVs because they issue a different set of IR commands from the rest of the Roku TV manufacturers.  Roku TVs from HiSense and Sharp themselves, though, support both sets of IR commands so they can be used with remotes from  any Roku TV manufacturer.)

Thanks to @Tivoburkee for this info.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

I would go to walmart get the One-For-All urc-7935 Streamer Universal remote, works great on Roku tv's, about $16.88 at walmart.P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Here it next to Roku Tv wifi voice remote. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
MilesT
Roku Guru

+1 on the 7935 universal remote, works for All Roku except streaming stick. Only issue is to get volume/mute buttons to work for Streambar you need to have an existing remote to "learn" from, and the Roku needs to be powered off to enable that (and the learn process is fiddly, took me several attempts to make it "take" properly).

Not an issue for Roku TV I suspect.

Question: are Hisense and Sharp Roku TV both made by UMC?  I wonder if UMC uses the same control setup for other TV brands they make (e.g. Hitachi, Blaupunkt, and several "supermarket" house brands in Europe, e.g. Tesco Technika, ASDA, etc.).

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos