Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Help setting up roku device

Could someone please help me I just bought a Roku player I set it up on my TV now I'm on my phone and it's asking for a credit card I don't understand why it wants to charge me for something to someone know what this is all about and how do I get it to just go to my Netflix account

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 10

Re: Help

I think you have the wrong website.  You should NOT be on the phone with anyone from Roku.  Do not google the Roku website.  Go to the website suggested by roku in the instructions.

0 Kudos
Level 10

Re: Help

Possibly the reference to "phone" here means as a way of getting to a website.  (Which is OK - but talking to someone on the phone is indeed probably a scam.)

Roku does prefer (though not actually require) that you give them a CC number so that you can order things via Roku.  If it insists, try this:

https://my.roku.com/signup/nocc

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Help setting up roku device

@Dsr 

Thanks for the post.

To ensure that you are not scammed during the activation process of your device, we highly recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: How do I protect myself from activation and technical support scams?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos