Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Help set up please

Help please. I have a very old TV, 1995 Toshiba, I'm trying to hook up my ROKU Express+ using the AV cords. My TV only has on set of ports. I also have a satellite receiver hooked up as well & do not wish to get rid of it. I've asked, Google, been to electronics departments & can find no one to tell me how to hook everything up. They tell me it can be done they're just not sure how. I've got all the cables, AV & HDMI, plus the adapters for the cables. Thank you in advance for any help. 

Paula B. TX

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Help set up please

The Roku only has hdmi output. Does your satellite box have other than hdmi? If so, you can use hdmi to your tv from Roku and hook your sat box up using another input, possibly the yellow/red/white connections. If you can only use hdmi from both and tv has just one, you could look into an hdmi switch box, but they can be trouble. Best option is a new TV. You'll enjoy it.

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos