Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elsie1

Help needed

I was finally able to set up and activate my Roku Streaming Stick + but I have to manually use buttons on tv to toggle between outputs as I am still connected to cable until I can figure this out.

Now when I click on anything in Roku I get a “HDCP error has been detected” and nothing I do resolves this. My tv is over 10 years old but I was told as long as I have the HDMI ports I could use the Roku.

Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Help needed

You generally have to switch your TV's input from the one for the cable box to the one that the stick is connected.  There's a setting under Settings->System->Control other devices that you can enable if it isn't already that will tell your TV to switch to the Roku's input when you press a button on the remote, but your TV has to support it and I don't know if a TV that old would.

Have your ever been able to watch a video?  Your TV has to support HDCP (copy protection).  What's the manufacturer and model number of the TV?  It should be easy enough to look it up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos