Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rose_schneider
Level 7

Help changing the pin on remote

I bought a ROKU tv from a friend and I can’t add apps without the pin.  She doesn’t remember it.  How can I change the pin without the old one?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Help changing the pin on remote

@rose_schneider-

If you log into your device's current account at https://my.roku.com you can create or reset a PIN value. You can then choose when the PIN is to be required, such as before it will allow any subscription or purchase to be made on your account, or add a channel.

But it sounds like you are still linked to your friend's Roku account. A factory reset will be needed to set this Roko up from scratch and link it to an account of your own.  Factory reset is accessed via Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos