Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Conk35
Reel Rookie

On start up I have to select hdmi 1 every time.  I have went into system and set it to go to hdmi 1 when powered on but that didn't work.. any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hdmi1

Jump to solution

@Conk35 

Try looking for a CEC setting inside your TV settings and enable it.  Also, in your Roku device, navigate to Settings,..System...Control other Device..,.then Enable 1-touch play.

With both CEC and Roku's 1-touch play Enabled, pressing any button on your Roku remote should automatically switch you to your Roku on HDMI 1 , and also should power on both your TV and automatically switch to HDMI 1 when TV is off. (Assuming Roku remote paired with TV or using Roku Remote App).

Here is a link explaining CEC and the various names for CEC depending on TV manufacturers.  HDMI CEC thehometheaterdiy.com 

Additionally, here is Roku's help page with similar HDMI CEC info.  https://support.roku.com/article/360034303013

Hope that helps with your issue.  Feel free to post back with updates or if need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Conk35 

Try looking for a CEC setting inside your TV settings and enable it.  Also, in your Roku device, navigate to Settings,..System...Control other Device..,.then Enable 1-touch play.

With both CEC and Roku's 1-touch play Enabled, pressing any button on your Roku remote should automatically switch you to your Roku on HDMI 1 , and also should power on both your TV and automatically switch to HDMI 1 when TV is off. (Assuming Roku remote paired with TV or using Roku Remote App).

Here is a link explaining CEC and the various names for CEC depending on TV manufacturers.  HDMI CEC thehometheaterdiy.com 

Additionally, here is Roku's help page with similar HDMI CEC info.  https://support.roku.com/article/360034303013

Hope that helps with your issue.  Feel free to post back with updates or if need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Conk35
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Seems to have fixed it buddy..ty so much.