Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Hdmi

Where's the HDMI ports on the roku streamer, why can't I see my ps4 HDMI on the screen
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Hdmi

@Nat05 wrote:
Where's the HDMI ports on the roku streamer, why can't I see my ps4 HDMI on the screen

Not following your question. All Roku players have a single HDMI output connection. There are no other ports. Are you referring to a Roku TV?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Don't understand why ROKU tech can't understand this question!  This person does not have an option to switch from one hdmi port to the other!  I can't either.  On my bedroom ROKU tv, my opening screen gives me the option to switch to HDMI port so I can use my laptop.  On my Toshiba in the living room, I do not have any option for HDMI on the ROKU menu.  Therefore, I CANNOT use any other HDMI option... not for playstation and not for my Laptop.  The mirror option has quit working.  I can get a picture but no ROKU sound shows up.  It just disappeared.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

In Settings, there is an option to display the HDMI ports on the home menu.  You need to add these to your home screen. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@coolflannelcat wrote:

Don't understand why ROKU tech can't understand this question!  This person does not have an option to switch from one hdmi port to the other!  I can't either.  On my bedroom ROKU tv, my opening screen gives me the option to switch to HDMI port so I can use my laptop.  On my Toshiba in the living room, I do not have any option for HDMI on the ROKU menu.  Therefore, I CANNOT use any other HDMI option... not for playstation and not for my Laptop.  The mirror option has quit working.  I can get a picture but no ROKU sound shows up.  It just disappeared.

I'm not a Roku tech, but I don't understand your question either. There is no option to "change" HDMI ports on a Roku player. They don't have inputs, only a single HDMI output. TV sets can have multiple inputs, and you change those with the TV remote. Now some TVs only have a single HDMI port, so any input changes would be to something other than HDMI. I have a Vizio TV next to me that is like that. 

If the TV is a Roku TV (not a Roku player connected to an HDMI port), then there will be options to change the set to a different input (HDMI, OTA TV, or some other input). It's simply one of the available selections on the home screen. But if there's nothing plugged into an HDMI port, it doesn't show as an available selection.

Your Toshiba TV has nothing to do with anything available on a Roku player. If it has only one HDMI jack, then you don't have the option to select a different one. If you provide the model number of your Toshiba TV, I can look it up and see what it has.

For both you and the original poster, please provide the model Roku device you have, so we can understand what you are looking for.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos