Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GIGIGIRL

HOW DO I GET ROKU OFF MY TV?

PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET THIS **bleep** ROKU OFF MY TV! I AM A SENIOR, LIMITED INCOME, NO SUBSCRIPTIONS TO ANY COMPANIES, LIKE XFINITY. THE TV I JUST GOT IS ROKU **bleep**. THIS WOMAN AT PHILIPS TV SET IT UP WITH ME, AND IT DOES NOT WORK CAUSE I DONT HAVE STRONG ENOUGH INTERNET. NOW WITH MY ANTENNA I HAD 50 STATIONS, AND WITH ROKU I HAVE 10! JUNK. HOW TO I GET IT OFF MY TV?? i DID FACTORY RESET 4X.

HELP!!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: HOW DO I GET ROKU OFF MY TV?

If you buy a Roku TV, then you have a Roku TV.  Resetting it, will only reset it to what it is.

If you don't like it, and are still within your retailer's exchange period, then I would suggest getting something you prefer.  Spend a little time reading reviews before buying to increase your chances of getting what you want.

Of course, if you want Roku (in a TV or separately), then you should work on the internet.  First you would need to determine if the internet plan from your ISP is too limited, or if it is the Wi-Fi that is the limiting factor.

On the other hand, if your goal is to have lots of Over The Air channels, then you should concentrate your search on TVs with good tuners.  Also, a better antenna can work wonders, and repositioning, and getting it higher and outdoors can work wonders too.

0 Kudos