Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

HDMI extender

Jump to solution

Do anybody know how to get the free HDMI extender when I fill out the form and put serial number in l keep getting a error message it says my serial number is incorrect  and to used the serial number on streaming stick that serial number does not work too. please help or any suggestions would be appreciated thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: HDMI

Jump to solution

@Starbright32541  Thanks for reaching out. HDMI extenders are only for use with Roku Streaming Stick products that do not use an HDMI cable to connect to your TV. Your model of Roku device is not designed to be used with an extender. 

If you are having trouble with your wireless connection, we'd recommend trying each of the troubleshooting steps and tips listed here: https://support.roku.com/article/213122277-tips-for-improving-the-wireless-connection-to-your-roku-s...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
Whzt model is your Roku? I believe I've read that they only send free extenders for streaming stick models.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

My is the Roku Express and the serial number is YGOOGCO53277. If I can't a HDMI extender want can I use to make my WiFi strength instead of showing poor signal strength.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Starbright32541  Thanks for reaching out. HDMI extenders are only for use with Roku Streaming Stick products that do not use an HDMI cable to connect to your TV. Your model of Roku device is not designed to be used with an extender. 

If you are having trouble with your wireless connection, we'd recommend trying each of the troubleshooting steps and tips listed here: https://support.roku.com/article/213122277-tips-for-improving-the-wireless-connection-to-your-roku-s...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you for the information 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Where do I go to order the HDMI extender cable?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

https://my.roku.com/hdmi

Note that they are only available for Sticks, not for TVs or boxes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Try using ZERO's instead of the letter "O" in the serial number.

YG00GC053277, not (YGOOGCO53277)

0 Kudos